Saturday, September 28, 2013

Happy Birthday, Petoucheka!

While our dossier sits in IBESR and we await our Presidential dispensation (for having 3 biological children), Petoucheka is living in Port au Prince, Haiti, and doing wonderfully under the loving care of Mrs. Eveline! We had the opportunity to talk with her twice this week. Today is her birthday, so last night we talked to her and we all sang Happy Birthday to her in English and each of us told her "Bon Fete!", or Happy Birthday in Kreyol. She sounded so happy! And she is learning English while she waits to come home with us. I am forever thankful to Mrs. Eveline for letting us be a part of Petoucheka's life even before she gets to come and live with us!

Waiting is hard. Hope is strong. Prayer is continuous.






Today (9-28-13), our little Petoucheka turns 9 years old! One year older than Heidi and one year younger than Simon. Now we have ages from 8 to 9 to 10 to 11. I just wish they were all four under the same roof. Maybe, before Ben turns 12 in April, we will have her home. We pray as a family at each meal and with each child individually before bedtime and with each prayer is the inclusion "Please help us adopt Petoucheka by Christmas." I know I pray this even more often... perhaps the kids do too. I think our family members have adopted the same request in their daily prayers. Sometimes I think we should specify that we are hoping for THIS Christmas, but I know that God already knows that. Recently, the kids have started adding an addendum to their prayers... "If Petoucheka isn't here by Christmas, help us to have a great time in Haiti at Christmas!" What beautiful attitudes.

God is good. God is sovergn. I keep reminding myself. Daily.

So, today, I update our Blog to say...

Bon Fete, Petoucheka! Nou remen ou anpil! N'ap sonje ou e nou espire ou vini e rete la cay nou pita!
(my own unprofessional translation)
In English...
Happy Birthday, Petoucheka! We love you a lot! We miss you and hope you come and live with us soon!

Love Mama, Papa, Ben, Simon, and Heidi!

No comments:

Post a Comment