Monday, March 25, 2013

March 25th, 2013 - The night before...

Well, it's a dream come true!  I finally get to go to Haiti with my husband!!!  Bonus - we are taking all 3 kids as well.  Heidi is 7 and may have a hard time adjusting to the lack of Mac-n-Cheese but I think we have enough granola bars to keep her fed.  Simon is 9 and is very excited!!  He can't wait for the plane ride and all the adventure.  Ben (will be 11 a week and a half after we return) is a bit like his father in that he's somewhat anxious.  

Tonight we will wrap up our final details and get some food.  Bed will be early since we pull out of the driveway at 4am!  Yuck!  But the great thing is that we will be in Port-au-Prince (PAP) with Petoucheca tomorrow evening!!!  :)

For anyone new to this whole ordeal - we are in the process of adopting Petoucheca (an 8 year old) that I met in 2007 at Yvrose's orphanage in Jeremie, Haiti!  I can't believe how God has worked the whole thing out so far... He is in control!!!

I will try to upload photos and journal on here - as will Dennis - throughout our week in Haiti!

We welcome your prayers and I will post a prayer request each day if I am able!  :)

Bondye bon - pou tout tan (in Kreyol)

God is good - all the time (in English)

In Christ,

Shelby

2 comments:

  1. Blessings on your trip Shelby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This afternoon Ben shared with my little Evan about your trip. What a discussion this inspired! Both Evan and Lauren are now enlightened about adoption and what it means to be an orphan. We prayed especially for Petoucheca and the other orphans in Haiti over dinner tonight. Blessings and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete